Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blue Bird Tuesday

On Tuesday's me and my buddy Alec only have one class. There seems to be a pattern of tuesdays that have to do with a lot of fishing and a lot less academics. This tuesday was gorgeous, not a cloud in the sky, sun shining bright and a mild temperature of 34 degrees. We got out of class and headed across town to the first access we ever fished together at. We headed to up river and got our lines wet on the same run to start. I continued to fish this run and Alec headed up stream to a run he knew held fish.
Concentration  
No fish here

After finishing that run I headed up stream to meet up with Alec but not before having some fun with my camera along the way.

Hydros with the Access III reel

I continued up river fishing runs and exploring new water. I didn't hook up with any fish but I did have a great day exploring with the sun in my face and a fly rod in my hand. It was getting late and me and Alec decided to hed backt to the truck. Alec ended up landing 1 rainbow and 1 whitefish while I was exploring. 

Some good things in the future: The days continue to get longer meaning fishing after class there is a lot more time to be spent on the water before dark. Once it gets a little warmer were gonna start to see some hatches out here in Montana and I can't wait! Also my birthday is coming up in 19 days!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment