Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Back on the river

Today after Organic Chem class I checked my mail and my net came in that I got myself for my birthday. I finished up some work for biology lab and hit the river. Mother nature was not being very cooperative when I first arrived at the rivers edge. The winds were gusting at 30-40mph and it was raining a little bit. I headed down a side channel to try to get out of the wind. The wind mellowed down as I walked down the channel, I fished a few promising runs and came up with 2 white fish. I got to test the new net out, however it wasn't with the beautiful trout I was looking for. A fish is a fish though and I got to test out the new reel and some cool flys from VermontFlyGuys.
 Filling up the streamer box
 Whats on the menu?
 Catch & Release
"My Arsenal"

It felt great to get back on the water even though the weather wasn't that great. I have 3 more test this week then I will have two weeks free for fishing(6 days on the Missouri) Its time to buckle down and study so I can enjoy my 2 week break later. Speaking of studying I better get back to that... 

No comments:

Post a Comment