Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The one that got away..

Yesterday I woke up to the sun peaking through my window, when I moved the shades and saw nothing but blue sky I knew I had to go fishing. I grabbed some breakfast and headed up Rock creek again. I didn't take me long to get into some fish. The first three were white fish then I found some trout.



 Doesn't get much better then this.. 
And this..

I went back to my car and headed down river in search for rising fish. I was able to find some right on the bank of the road. After casting a few patterns at them with no success I decided to go back to nymphing. I walked up to this log jam that the river ran around and dumped into a nice pool. On my fourth drift my indicator went down and I set the hook, the fish went bonkers and took off up river around the log jam. I fought the fish around a few logs but the fish shook the hook and got away. I got a few looks at the fish during the fight and it was a nice brown around 16 Inches. Needless to say I will be back to that spot another day. 

Cody, Alec and I are still planning our trip for spring break. We have run into a few problems with weather at some of the destinations we wanted to visit but I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment