Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bitterroot Success

Thursday afternoon when i got out of class at 1 there wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was 60 degrees. I packed up my fishing stuff and headed to the bitterroot river. I got to a nice run and drifted my nymph through about 15 times and then my indicator dropped and I set the hook. This fish put up the best fight I've had yet in Montana, taking drag out on 8 separate occasions. This fish just wouldn't give up i would get it to were I could see it and then zinngg it took off. I finally landed the fish, it was a 19 inch rainbow. The pictures just dont justify how big this fish actually was.




The Release

I made a few more cast then headed down stream. I found some promising looking water and made a cast. About halfway through the drift it hooked up with another nice fish. It took off into the shallow water and jumped! I got it back down in the water and fought it for a little longer. I got it to shore and snapped a few pics.
 Fatty

That was it for that day. Yesterday Alec and I went back to the bitterroot again. I caught 3 white fish and Alec caught a bunch of white fish and 1 trout. It was another nice day in the high 60's. The fishing is getting better and im sure by next weekend it will be even more insane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment