Monday, September 17, 2012

Pain and Success on the Blackfoot

Yesterday I headed up the Blackfoot a ways to do some streamer fishing. The day started off terrible. First the fishing wasn't all that great then I took a hard fall off a rock onto my right arm. I ended up breaking the knob off my reel in the processes of falling but was able to rig it back together. I got my head back in the game and started fishing again. I fished till about dark covering a lot of water and catching some beautiful fish. The biggest one come just as the sun was setting a vicious Bull trout murdered my streamer and took me for a ride, about 2 yards from my backing at one point. I was finally able to land the fish but it paid me back by sticking one of the hooks of my articulated streamer into my thumb and ripping it through my skin with a few violent head shakes. Luckily my adrenaline was still going from catching the fish and I didn't feel it until I got back to the car. Fishings starting to pick up and I love it!
 Beautiful


Fay cuttie





No comments:

Post a Comment