Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Midnight Delight

Last night when I got out of my first day of work. (I am a master of the custodial arts) If you catch my drift. Alec, Cody, Garret, Riley and I headed to the Bitterroot with a handfull of mice flys and a 7wt. It was a larger group than I anticipated but we decided to split up. Riley and I stayed up high and Cody Garret and Alec went down low. It was hard starting out casting in the dark and feeling the amount of line you have out and where to put the fly in the water but eventually I got the hang of it. Right of Riley had a big take that sounded like someone throwing a rock in the water but wasn't able to hook up. As we made our way down this side channel I spotted a down tree and thought to myself this is big  DADDY BROWN TROUT TERRITORY. I swung my mouse past the down tree 3 or 4 times and on the 5th WHAM! My mouse gets hammered and I set the hook. The fight was on and my adrenaline was pumping. Much to my surprise the fish only fought hard for about a minute. I was finally able to net the fish (in pitch dark because I only had a flashlight) and I was very disappointed to see not a brown trout but an 18 inch pike minnow.... All in all it was a great trip and the rush of a fish eating a mouse fly is like no other. I will be back for more night fishing once I scope out some new water.

 Its an addiction..



 Three Blind Mice

 Grip n grin
 Face to face with a Pike Minnow

All fish gotta eat..

2 comments:

  1. Chris,

    Nice blog, I like your stuff. Good to see another fishy blogger out of Zoo Town. If you get a moment shuffle on over to my blog Bum Trout. I will definitely add you to my blog roll. Look forward to maybe fishing together sometime. Alec knows where to find me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob! Ive been following your blog for a little while now after Alec showed me it. I like your blog too. You know how to find the big trout thats for sure. I added you to my blog roll as well and im always down to go fishing. I will talk to Alec and we can figure something out.

      Delete