Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Brown Success!

With some last minute advise from my friend Bob over at Bum Trout, I packed the car and headed down to Dillon, Montana to fish The Beaverhead River. I was optimistic about how the fishing was gonna be during the winter on the Beav but I had never seen the river myself. Just have heard about it and seen some pictures. I would have never guessed the fishing was gonna be as good as it was. I caught 12+ fish both days and they were all brown trout, minus 1 massive whitefish. I caught about half on nymphs and the other half on streamers. In my book a weekend fishing trip like that is hard to beat and in mid- January it is even more unbelievable.
 Buttery Beaverhead brown




 Adios my friend  
Bridge beast
 Fish of the trip


This was my first trip to the Beaverhead... And with these results, It wont be my  last. Big thanks to Frontier Anglers for pointing me in the right direction.

I just finished editing a short film from this trip so stay tuned! Its called "Smells Like Stream Spirit"

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! Those are some chunky browns. Glad the trip was a success.

    ReplyDelete