Friday, October 12, 2012

Lacking Leader

Yesterday afternoon I hit the Clark Fork for a few hours. When I arrived at the access and started setting up my rods, I realized that I didn't have a leader.. I could already see bugs flying around and it was only gonna get better. Without thinking twice I grabbed my 0x tippet made a perfection loop at the end and connected it to my fly line. Off of the 0x I connected some 4x/5x and I was ready to go. (take note that this set up doesn't cast great by any means). Since my casting was limited I worked on my down stream drifts and was able to stick one little rainbow.


At one point I was fishing off a rock about 5 feet above the water and my fly box went for a plunge into the river. The only "dry" dry fly i had was a size 12 Adams. It caught me my only fish of the day so I guess it worked out!
 Drying off in the sun


No comments:

Post a Comment