Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hopper Dropper Up The Creek

Rock Creek joins the Clark Fork River just 20 miles out off Missoula and is known around the world for not the big fish but the amount of fish per mile. Word on the street is its close to 4000 fish per mile of river. I woke up early yesterday morning eager to catch some fish. I drove along the river for about 40 miles and found a good stretch of river to fish. Not only is the fishing great but the views are spectacular as well.

I fished a Hopper dropper all day and it produced a lot of good fish. A Hopper with about 15 inch of 5x tippet with a copper john dropper got me these beauties.
 Brookie
 This guy smashed a hopper

Little Brother?

I lost a 16-17 Cuttie along the way but also caught some little Cutties. All in all it was a great day, beautiful weather and scenery. It was my first full day of hopper fishing and it wont be my last.  Heres a little underwater video I got of these two browns.

No comments:

Post a Comment